Slab Leak Detection & Repair in Gainesville, Florida
One of the most serious plumbing problems for a homeowner to face is a leak within or underneath the slab of the home. Most leaks are avoidable by preventative construction methods, but too often leaks are not found until it is too late. Left undiagnosed, a slab leak can cause serious structural problems, and can even move the foundation. The longer the leak is left unattended, the more damage it can cause. If you have seen any of the signs of a leak, trust First Choice Plumbing Solutions for leak detection and repair in Gainesville and surrounding areas.
Slab Leak Signs
- You can hear running water when nothing is on.
- Your water meter is moving when everything is off.
- Your water or electric bill is higher than it previously was.
- You feel a warm spot or see water on your floor.
- You have low water pressure in your home.
Have you noticed any of the signs above in your home? Follow the steps below to determine if you need our leak detection service.
Make sure all your plumbing fixtures are shut off. Check your meter to see if your low flow indicator is moving. This will show the smallest plumbing leak in your home. If moving, you have a leak somewhere and you are being charged for water you are not using.
Well PumpsTurn off all water fixtures inside your home and listen for running water. Go to the pump area and look for a gauge on top of the pump. It will have a red needle pointing to numbers. If the needle is moving, you have a leak. If the gauge is broken, your pump will keep turning itself on.
When Is a Repipe Needed?
- Do you experience low water pressure?
- Are you not able to use more than one fixture at the same time?
- Do you get scalded in the shower when someone flushes the toilet or uses another fixture?
- Do you have trouble with your hot water?
- Are you having rust-colored or discolored water?
- Do you have a slab leak?
- Have you had one or more slab leaks?
- Are you spending too much money on plumbing repairs?
What Is a Slab Leak?
Leaking pipes inside or underneath the concrete of a home flooring or foundation is called a slab leak. Common signs of this type of leak are:
- Moist, wet or damp spots/stains on flooring or carpeting
- Water coming through the foundation
- Low water pressure
- A noticeable increase in your water bill
Galvanized Water Piping
Galvanized iron water pipes are coated with zinc to prevent rusting and corroding. As galvanized iron pipes age, the zinc coating gradually wears away, exposing the iron. The unprotected iron rusts rapidly in the presence of water, just as iron rusts when it is exposed to rain. You will then experience low water pressure, discolored or rust-colored water and leaks.
Licensed | Insured
Professional license number: CFC1427369